Full body skin exams are a key element in the fight against skin cancer. The three main types of skin cancer are Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Malignant Melanoma.
Most people do not think full body skin exams are necessary or important but consider these statistics:
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States
- More than 3.5 million skin cancers are diagnosed annually
- Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than the combined incidence of cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime
- Over the past 31 years, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined
Dr. Dang provides full body skin exams, along with dermoscopy and mole mapping as needed.
Since early detection and treatment are essential in successfully treating Melanoma and other types of skin cancer, full body skin exams allow for precise monitoring and examination to detect any abnormalities as soon as possible.
To learn more about the benefits of our Full Body Skin Examination, please call our office today to schedule a consultation.